What makes a good pre-milking teat disinfectant?
- Contains skin-friendly surfactants which take the product into all the crevices of the teat skin, ensuring speedy soil removal and disinfection.
- Have proven fast and efficient removal of both gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria found in the environment.
- Be suitable for all application methods and offer high foaming capabilities to allow lower usage rates.
Pre Foaming verses Dip?
Foaming application can reduce the amount of product used to around 4ml per cow per milking versus 10ml to 15ml per cow when dipping or spraying. This can equate to using 24 litres of product per month (for 100 cows) as opposed to 60 to 90 litres for dipping and spraying.
How will this affect your farm?
- Stimulate milk let down which will speed up the milking process but with less damage to teat ends.
- Removal of soil contamination from skin before milking.
- Improved teat condition protects animal welfare by removing opportunities for mastitis-causing bacteria to settle.
- Improved bactoscan results due to the reduction in bacterial loading (including coliforms) from the teat skin.
The integrity of our range ensures maximum efficacy across all application methods.
What does a post-milking teat disinfectant do?
Post-milking teat disinfectants need to kill bacteria on the teat at the end of milking. They also need to ensure protection between milkings, this includes retaining smooth, hydrated skin condition to discourage the harbouring of bacteria. Their purpose is simple: to protect the quality of milk through disease prevention.
The correct choice of product is defined by the specific needs of your cow management, seasonality and lactation status of your herd.